How to make the perfect meal shake & how to choose a meal replacement shake
Meal replacement shakes are designed to be convenient meal options for busy people and for specific fitness goals. Like with most other meals, having the right plan and a few tips can boost your chances of success with new meal plans.
First on the list is “how to choose the right meal replacement”.
For any diet to yield the expected fitness results, it has to be carefully selected and proven that it is the right one. Such a meal needs to be aligned with your fitness goals and metabolically inclined to yield relevant effects.
- Quality supersedes everything when selecting any type of meal. When selecting a meal replacement, it is important to choose one that contains high-quality ingredients. This may vary depending on what your dieting preferences are i.e, vegan, non-GMO, sugar-free, lactose-free, gluten-free or plant-based. Find a meal replacement that doesn’t compromise your preferences and diet principles.
Next in choosing a suitable meal replacement is the ratio of macronutrients.
- Depending on the goal of your diet plan, you should choose a meal replacement that supports weight loss or promotes weight gain. For normal meals, you should get 40-65% of your calorie intake from carbohydrates, 20-35% of calories from fats, and 15-25% from proteins. For weight loss, however, the protein content should be significantly higher while that for carbs and fats reduces.
- The meal replacement should also include the recommended daily intake of vitamins and minerals. Having adequate amounts of these micronutrients protects from the reversible and irreversible effects of deficiencies. A good selection of meal replacements can also help boost your nutritional profile as several common meals are lacking in 1 or 2 minerals and vitamins.
The quality of nutrients also specifies between different types of fats, carbs and proteins.
- For example, unsaturated fats are healthier for your body as compared to saturated ones. High-density cholesterol is better than LDL. A meal replacement with adequate omega-3 & 6 will be good for you. Slow carbs and complex carbohydrates are healthier calorie sources whether in regular meals or in the manufacture of meal replacements.
If you can get your meal replacement options right, you set yourself up for success. Try Vitaminfood flavored meal replacement. Vitaminfood ticks all the boxes for the healthiest meal replacement.
“how to make the perfect meal shake”
Does the perfect meal shake exist? Too thick or too light…too sweet or very flat taste…earthy feel or smooth texture. Preparing meal shakes can be a messy ordeal. Trying to spice it up can instead turn out to be a very tedious task. Despite all this or rather because of all this, it is necessary to have a couple of ideas that will help improve your experience with meal replacements. Hopefully, by trial and error, you will meet your “perfect meal shake”.
- Find a suitable base for your powder – experiment with water, and different kinds of milk; skimmed, fat, almond, soy or normal dairy to find which one works best for you. Different powders blend differently with these liquids and the recommended one may be the best bet but you could discover a better one and make your life much easier. The right base will it a smooth texture and accentuate its flavor.
- Add fiber to help bulk it up – one of the advantages of regular meals to diet shakes and liquid meals is the fiber content. Regular ones are usually bulky enough on their own while preparation of meal replacement powders and soylents might filter away a lot of the fiber. You might need to add flax seeds or chia seeds to increase the fiber content of the meal replacements.
- Protein is key for your meal replacement – whether you’re looking to gain weight or lose weight, high protein content is highly relevant. Adding protein isolate, as recommended, to your meal replacement shakes will help boost your overall protein intake. Protein isolate is better than normal protein powder in such cases because the isolate doesn’t contain extra nutrients as a protein powder does.
- Vegetable incorporation – while it is advisable to easy on the sweeteners like fruits (mangoes, bananas) and berries, vegetables come in handy in maintaining the overall nutritional profile with a slight alteration to calorie count. Spinach, avocado, beetroots and carrots will not only enhance the flavor but also boost the micronutrient profile of your meal shake.
As a values-driven company, Vitaminfood aims to provide the best meal replacement option as a means of re-inventing fast food and also primarily because of its utility. Our values are:
Every single nutrient is necessary for optimal functioning. At times, you might not realize that you are lacking in a specific one until it is too late and the effects have become anatomical and difficult to reverse. Well, one of our main goals is to prevent that. You can stay healthy and fully fueled by regularly downing some Vitaminfood.
Plant-based diets and totally vegan meals can save the world from self-destructing. They are a healthier option by a huge margin and more sustainable so why not opt for such a meal. A meal that ensures posterity. A vegan choice is a mindful choice.
A meal that you can use for as long as you’d need to and still be beneficial to the body. A meal whose consumption is in balance with its production. Such are as rare as they could be and Vitaminfood is among a number of other few that promote this goal.
Sugar-free – sugar has become that one turn-off from an otherwise great meal. Surprisingly it still remains the greatest attraction in snacks. Knowing very well what a toll your health takes with every unnecessary gram of sugar, Vitaminfood chooses to give you the option of sugar–free meal replacements sweetened with only stevia and no hidden sugar.
Non-GMO – GMO tops the list of carcinogens. Adding it to our diet is frankly exposing our consumers to cancer risks and excluding it thereby reduces exposure to risks. Organically sourced produce makes up the bulk of our raw materials and for that reason, your health is safe with us.
Purity - only natural products are used in the processing of our foods making them a great choice. Synthetic compounds are harmful to the body and mostly toxins to the liver and kidney cleansing mechanisms. Vitaminfood = natural because of minimal processing and no addition of artificial additives for taste or preservation or any other industrial reason; additives are definitely not for nutritional reasons.
Allergen-free – we do not use any common allergen products in the production of our meal replacements. Not even soy protein so it is safe for consumption by most of the population.
Convenience, ease and simplicity
We design our product to be easy to prepare, light and easy to carry around and on your travels and also convenient to consume anywhere.
In a time where the clean label is coming up so often and almost sounds like a marketing façade, Vitaminfood strives to deliver exactly what we promise and make no compromise whatsoever. Going green is a huge explosion and it’s going to get much bigger this decade. You know what they say- “the more the merrier.” Don’t get left behind!! Dooon’t!!!